POSITION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE NATIONAL CUTTING HORSE ASSOCIATION
General Description of Position:
The Executive Director is the chief administrative executive officer of NCHA and reports to and is responsible to the chief elected officer (President) of the Association and the Executive Committee. The Executive Director provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure the Association will effectively increase member satisfaction, grow members, purses, services, revenue and programs. The Executive Director directs all aspects of the Association and is responsible for the staff and the financial assets of NCHA. The Executive Director is responsible for promoting and marketing the Association and the sport of cutting. The Executive Director implements and is responsible for implementing the goals and objectives of the Association.
The NCHA is looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial excellence.
- Passion and understanding of the western lifestyle.
- Intimate knowledge of the sport of cutting.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a large and diverse Board.
- Proven ability to build a strong and effective team. This includes attracting superior talent, accurately assessing strengths and developmental needs, and a willingness to make changes.
- Proven ability to manage budgets and lead annual and strategic planning process.
- Proven ability to implement efficient business processes.
- Superior knowledge of management functions within a complex structure.
- Proven track record in a customer service based, membership environment desirable.
- BA, BS degree in a related field.
The NCHA is looking for candidates with the following types of experience:
- Significant senior management experience, ideally in customer driven environment with multiple and diverse constituencies.
- Experience overseeing a multimillion dollar budget and a staff of 25 or more.
- Experience in a senior staff position of a non-profit organization.
- Proven leadership skills and outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in public speaking and marketing of products and services
- Experience developing innovative approaches, programs and events.
- Experience dealing with legal matters and managing outside counsel.
- Horse industry experience a must. Cutting Horse industry experience preferred.
- Membership association experience preferred.
- Travel will be required.
NCHA will accept applications for the Executive Director position from 12/15/2016 to 1/15/2017.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org