NCHA is soliciting bids for the position and designation as the “Official Photographer of the NCHA Triple Crown and National Championships Events.” Details for the bids are outlined below.
This request for proposal will be open for bids until 12:00 pm, December 15, 2016 and must be submitted to photoRFP@NCHAcutting.com.
This RFP relates to the NCHA shows described below produced by the National Cutting Horse Association.
Triple Crown events
- Super Stakes, Fort Worth TX, March-April
- Summer Spectacular and Youth World Finals, Fort Worth TX, July
- NCHA Futurity and World Finals, Fort Worth TX, November-December
- Eastern National Championships, Jackson MS, March
- Western National Championships, Scottsdale AZ, May
- Rocky Mountain National Championships, Denver CO, June
The Term of the contract will be from January 1, 2017 through December 31st, 2018. This contract may be extended at NCHA’s option for a one year by notifying the Photographer before September 1st 2018.
Photographer will own the exclusive rights to sell these official photos for five years from the completion of each show, but all photos will be the sole property of the NCHA
NCHJA reserves the right for NCHA staff or NCHA contractors to shoot additional photographs at any time during these events.
NCHA will provide at all events:
- Adequate booth space and utility and broadband internet connections.
- Three parking passes including set-up and tear-down dates for Fort Worth shows.
- Media credentials and arena access only to photographers and journalists from traditional media outlets; and restrict use of strobe lights.
Photographer RFP Guidelines:
- Shoot all event go-rounds, finals, award presentations, banquets and other activities.
- A second photographer will be needed to cover a second arena at the Fort Worth shows on certain days when two arenas are operating.
- A second photographer will be needed to cover the days of Finals of the Amateur, Non-Pro and Open classes for the three Triple Crown shows and as necessary in earlier rounds to ensure a reasonable quality photo is available for every contestant.
- Produce and sell official action, awards and activities photos taken at the events to contestants and the general public. Activities may include banquets, parties, sponsor promotions, etc. Photographer will be given adequate notice of any such activities.
- Photographer will submit with this RFP a retail photo price list.
- Maintain a library of official images for future purchase by contestants and the general public.
- Provide all photo files to the NCHA on a USB 3.0 hard drive no later than Monday afternoon following the conclusion of the event. NCHA will use these for editorial and promotional purposes including distribution to media outlets until the end of the term of the photographer’s exclusive rights, at which time NCHA may use them for any purpose.
- Provide biographies of all photographers and event staff.
- Provide at least three professional references.
- Help maintain a restricted area for the security of authorized NCHA staff and contractors at all events.
- Provide detailed revenue sharing plan with NCHA from the sale of the official photos.