Two candidates have been selected for the 2017 Vice President election, said Lewis Wray, Chairman of the Officer Nominating Committee. Those two candidates are:
- Garry Merritt of King, NC
- Ron Pietrafeso of Elbert, CO
Ballots with background information on the two candidates will be sent via email and mail to all NCHA members no later than April 10, 2017 with votes due by midnight on May 22. Tthe votes will be tabulated on Tuesday, May 23.
Additionally, information on the two candidates will appear in the April and May issues of the Cutting Horse Chatter and on the NCHA website. Please feel free to notify other NCHA members of the Vice Presidential candidates.
NCHA has announced the following tentative dates for its major events in 2017:
- 6666 NCHA Eastern National Championships, Jackson, Mississippi, March 6-18.
- Lucas Oil NCHA Super Stakes, Fort Worth, Texas, March 23-April 15.
- NCHA Scottsdale National Championships, Scottsdale, Arizona, May 4-11.
- NCHA Convention, Grapevine, Texas, June 2-4.
- 6666 NCHA Denver National Championships, Denver, Colorado, June 23-30.
- NCHA Summer Spectacular, Fort Worth, Texas, July 16-August 6.
- Great American Insurance NCHA Futurity, presented by Jerry’s Chevrolet, Fort Worth, Texas, November 24-December 17.
POSITION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE NATIONAL CUTTING HORSE ASSOCIATION
General Description of Position:
The Executive Director is the chief administrative executive officer of NCHA and reports to and is responsible to the chief elected officer (President) of the Association and the Executive Committee. The Executive Director provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure the Association will effectively increase member satisfaction, grow members, purses, services, revenue and programs. The Executive Director directs all aspects of the Association and is responsible for the staff and the financial assets of NCHA. The Executive Director is responsible for promoting and marketing the Association and the sport of cutting. The Executive Director implements and is responsible for implementing the goals and objectives of the Association.
The NCHA is looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial excellence.
- Passion and understanding of the western lifestyle.
- Intimate knowledge of the sport of cutting.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a large and diverse Board.
- Proven ability to build a strong and effective team. This includes attracting superior talent, accurately assessing strengths and developmental needs, and a willingness to make changes.
- Proven ability to manage budgets and lead annual and strategic planning process.
- Proven ability to implement efficient business processes.
- Superior knowledge of management functions within a complex structure.
- Proven track record in a customer service based, membership environment desirable.
- BA, BS degree in a related field.
The NCHA is looking for candidates with the following types of experience:
- Significant senior management experience, ideally in customer driven environment with multiple and diverse constituencies.
- Experience overseeing a multimillion dollar budget and a staff of 25 or more.
- Experience in a senior staff position of a non-profit organization.
- Proven leadership skills and outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in public speaking and marketing of products and services
- Experience developing innovative approaches, programs and events.
- Experience dealing with legal matters and managing outside counsel.
- Horse industry experience a must. Cutting Horse industry experience preferred.
- Membership association experience preferred.
- Travel will be required.
NCHA will accept applications for the Executive Director position from 12/15/2016 to 1/15/2017.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NCHA is soliciting bids for the position and designation as the “Official Photographer of the NCHA Triple Crown and National Championships Events.” Details for the bids are outlined below.
This request for proposal will be open for bids until 12:00 pm, December 15, 2016 and must be submitted to photoRFP@NCHAcutting.com.
This RFP relates to the NCHA shows described below produced by the National Cutting Horse Association.
Triple Crown events
- Super Stakes, Fort Worth TX, March-April
- Summer Spectacular and Youth World Finals, Fort Worth TX, July
- NCHA Futurity and World Finals, Fort Worth TX, November-December
- Eastern National Championships, Jackson MS, March
- Western National Championships, Scottsdale AZ, May
- Rocky Mountain National Championships, Denver CO, June
The Term of the contract will be from January 1, 2017 through December 31st, 2018. This contract may be extended at NCHA’s option for a one year by notifying the Photographer before September 1st 2018.
Photographer will own the exclusive rights to sell these official photos for five years from the completion of each show, but all photos will be the sole property of the NCHA
NCHJA reserves the right for NCHA staff or NCHA contractors to shoot additional photographs at any time during these events.
NCHA will provide at all events:
- Adequate booth space and utility and broadband internet connections.
- Three parking passes including set-up and tear-down dates for Fort Worth shows.
- Media credentials and arena access only to photographers and journalists from traditional media outlets; and restrict use of strobe lights.
Photographer RFP Guidelines:
- Shoot all event go-rounds, finals, award presentations, banquets and other activities.
- A second photographer will be needed to cover a second arena at the Fort Worth shows on certain days when two arenas are operating.
- A second photographer will be needed to cover the days of Finals of the Amateur, Non-Pro and Open classes for the three Triple Crown shows and as necessary in earlier rounds to ensure a reasonable quality photo is available for every contestant.
- Produce and sell official action, awards and activities photos taken at the events to contestants and the general public. Activities may include banquets, parties, sponsor promotions, etc. Photographer will be given adequate notice of any such activities.
- Photographer will submit with this RFP a retail photo price list.
- Maintain a library of official images for future purchase by contestants and the general public.
- Provide all photo files to the NCHA on a USB 3.0 hard drive no later than Monday afternoon following the conclusion of the event. NCHA will use these for editorial and promotional purposes including distribution to media outlets until the end of the term of the photographer’s exclusive rights, at which time NCHA may use them for any purpose.
- Provide biographies of all photographers and event staff.
- Provide at least three professional references.
- Help maintain a restricted area for the security of authorized NCHA staff and contractors at all events.
- Provide detailed revenue sharing plan with NCHA from the sale of the official photos.
My objective as President and Interim Executive Director of the NCHA is to move this Association forward by meeting the needs of our membership.
Every member is important to us, from grassroots to triple crown, from amateur to professional.
As always, our challenge is to get as many people riding cutting horses as possible, and to provide a broad enough selection of classes and activities that we are able to offer an enjoyable, satisfying experience to all of our members.
Our greatest asset is the cutting horse itself. It’s an easy sell once a beginner has his or her first ride. Our goal should be to help them go forward from that initial experience. We are constantly searching for ways to make our sport more affordable so that we can welcome more cutters, and keep them engaged.
We need to adapt to ever-changing markets. We need to find ways to tailor the cutting experience to a wide variety of local conditions. We need to leverage new technology to help us move forward into the future.
No one in our association can achieve these things alone. But working together, we can make it happen.